One of the most important decisions you’ll make about your Houston custom home is its location. There are several fantastic neighborhoods in Space City for you to choose from and many prospective home buyers eventually land on the Memorial West area. Why? Not only is it a great place to live, it has access to some of the best custom home builders around.
If you’re still on the fence about where you want to build your custom home in Houston, here’s some more information on Memorial West and what to look for when it comes to choosing the right Memorial West custom home builder.
About the Memorial West Neighborhood
First, you should know a little more about the area. Located toward the western side of Memorial, Texas, this neighborhood sits right at the corner of Interstate 10 and the Sam Houston Tollway in Houston, TX. There are several outdoor attractions nearby, such as Bear Creek Pioneers Park and Royal Oaks Country Club.
An affluent, forested neighborhood, Memorial West is known for its variety of residential architectural styles (including many custom homes), as well as as a host of well-rated public and private schools, world-class restaurants, high-end shopping centers like the Memorial City Mall. In short, Memorial West is quickly becoming one of the most sought-after neighborhoods in the Houston metropolitan area.
Choosing the Right Memorial West Home Builder
After location, the custom home builder you choose might be your next-biggest decision. The good news is that the best custom home builders in Memorial West have several things in common. Here’s what to look for in your builder:
- Neighborhood experience: Does the custom home builder have experience with the Memorial West neighborhood? Better yet, do they specialize in this area? Be wary of national builders or anyone who doesn’t know their way around.
- Portfolio of work: Does the builder have a proven track record of building successful homes in Memorial West? If not, do you want to pay for their first one?
- Resident references: If the builder does have experience in the neighborhood and a proven portfolio, ask about references to see what experiences were like for residents and how they like living in the Memorial West area.
- Professional partnerships: The right builder will have connections with local companies that know and serve Memorial West. Ask about the builder’s professional partnerships and where they are located.
- An open ear: Ultimately, you want a builder who will make your Memorial West custom home fit your needs. They should have an open ear and listen to your desires, then work with you to build a home with the features, finishes and look you want.
If you’re looking to build a custom home in Memorial West, Houston, contact us today for a consultation.